DEPARTMENT I-GRAINS AND HAY ( Adult and Junior )
Chair: Gary Fields
Mid-Atlantic Farm Credit Trophy
will be awarded to the Best Junior field corn exhibit.
will be awarded to the Best Adult field corn exhibit.
will be awarded to the Best Junior soybean exhibit.
will be awarded to the Best Adult soybean exhibit.
will be awarded to the Junior Best small grain exhibit.
will be awarded to the Best Adult
small grain exhibit.
1. All grains will be judged on appearance only.
2. Only one exhibit may be entered in each class by one exhibitor.
3. All exhibits should be of show quality. All seed that has been injured by weevil or mice maybe at the discretion of the judges, excluded from the competition.
4. Containers will be furnished for both hay and grain. Hay must be cured and in 2lb. amounts.
5. All seed must be untreated.
1. Barley (qt.)
2. Pop Corn (5 ears)
3. Yellow Corn, Hybrid (5 ears)
4. Indian Corn (5 ears)
5. Other Corn (5 ears)
6. Rye (qt.)
7. Soybean (qt.)
8. Soybean, most pods (1 plant in a bucket)
9. Wheat (qt.)
10.Longest ear of Yellow Corn (grain to grain)
12. Milo or Sorghum (3 heads)
13. Tallest Corn Stalk
14. Miscellaneous (other than corn)
16. Crimson Clover
17. Grass Hay
18. Pasture Mix
19. Miscellaneous (odd and unusual plants for display only)