Perdue Farms Trophy
will be awarded to the best large fowl (duck, guineas, geese
or turkeys) exhibited by a Junior or Adult
Dr. Charles J. Wabeck Memorial Trophy
will be awarded to the best chicken or bantam exhibited by a
Junior or Adult
All poultry entries will be judged for
standard, market and production qualities with special emphasis on those qualities which are of economic significance.
Particular attention will be paid for vigor, size, type and color. In
entries made up of
more than one bird, uniformity the sample in the above characteristics will
1. All exhibitors must comply with rules and regulations.
All poultry and rabbits must be pre- registered
by mailing entry
blanks to Wicomico Farm & Home Show, P.O. Box 493, Salisbury, Md 21803,
postmarked by August 1, 2012. Use regular entry blank. Not Livestock
2. Please note: The requirements for an exhibition are as
follows: All poultry, including ducks, geese, turkeys and guineas, at
exhibitions shall originate from United States Pullorum-Typhoid clean, or
equivalent flocks, or shall have had a negative Pullorum-Typhoid Test within 90 days of its movement to an exhibition if not
from a Pullorum-Typhoid Clean Flock. This information shall be documented on an NPIP Form 15. (Pullorum-Typhoid Clean
Flock), NPIP Form 3-B (Flock Inspection
Form) or similar certificates which shall accompany poultry on exhibition. A
junior exhibitor may substitute a statement
signed by a Maryland Agriculture Extension Agent, or the Maryland Department
of Agriculture, indicating that exhibited poultry has originated from a U.S. Pullorum-Typhoid Clean Flock within the
previous 12 months.
3. Growers of all broilers and roasters exhibited from a
commercial flock may substitute a statement signed by the flock
supervisor that the birds originate from a Pullorum-Typhoid Clean Flock and
will be slaughtered after the exhibition.
4. All birds must be owned by the exhibitor by July 15,
5. All poultry exhibited must be in good health.
6. The Farm & Home Show will make every effort to take good care of
exhibited poultry but will not be responsible for any
7. In poultry we have a limited number of coups, so please
get your entries in early if you wish to have coops for your birds.
8. Exhibitors are limited to entering a total of 10 birds.
There may be no more than 2 entries per class.
9. Exhibitors are responsible for providing food and water
for their animals.
10. ALL POULTRY ARE
TO BE ENTERED THURSDAY, AUGUST 16TH, 2012 BETWEEN 8 AM AND NOON.
BROILERS -3 Cockerels
1. Crosses-3 lbs. & under
2. Crosses-3 to 4 lbs.
3. Crosses-4 lbs. & over
4. Crosses-over 6 lbs.
BREEDERS -large fowl
5. Meat Type-male
6. Meat Type-female
15. Other Purebred-male
16. Other Purebred-female
19. Light wt. (white egg) female
20. Heavy wt. (brown egg) female
21. Single Comb-Clean Legged-male
22. Single Comb-Clean Legged-female
23. Rose Comb-Clean Legged-male
24. Rose Comb-Clean Legged-female
25. Any Other Comb-Clean Legged-male
26. Any Other-Clean Legged-female
27. Feather Legged-male
28. Feather Legged-female
29. Game-male-Old English
30. Game-female-Old English
33. Mixed Breed-male
34. Mixed Breed-female
35. Any Color-male
36. Any Color-female
41. Any Other Breed-male
42. Any Other Breed-female
43. Any Breed-male
44. Any Breed-female
45. Any Breed-male
46. Any Breed-female
47. Miscellaneous - Identify